APTLD Executive Fellowship< back to list
Application Deadline: 15 June 2019
The Asia Pacific Top Level Domain Association (APTLD) is pleased to call for applications for its Executive Fellowship.
The Fellowship provides visa costs, travels and accommodation, and daily subsistence (per diem) support for the successful applicant through its duration but no more than 7 (seven) calendar days of a study visit to a leading ccTLD registry.
Depending on the successful candidate’s geographical location, there are two options for him/her to complete the Fellowship:
For a registry representative from the Middle East, Eastern and Southern Europe, North Asia and South Asia – the Fellowship will be hosted by SIDN (the ccTLD registry for the Netherlands) on 12-16 August 2019.
For a registry representative from the South East Asia and Oceania – the Fellowship will be hosted by InternetNZ (the ccTLD registry for New Zealand) on 29 September through 5 October 2019, including participation in NetHui () on 2-4 October 2019.
Applications made in an arbitrary form should consider the following:
● What benefits the Fellow expects to take away as major outcomes and lessons learnt during the Fellowship
● How the Fellow can pro-actively contribute to his/her Organization’s advancement by making use of the expertise in the operational, technical etc. areas gained during the Fellowship.
The Fellowship is awarded to the candidates whose application shows the greatest potential and eagerness to network and explore new opportunities for enhancement his/her personal capacity and that of his registry. Please keep this in mind when preparing your application, and please be specific.
Typically, APTLD Fellowships are open to both Ordinary and Associate APTLD members, from developing countries and territories, and registries with the number of registrations under 50,000; however, the APTLD Board makes its final decision basing on a broader consideration of some other factors and with account of logistics and financial aspects. For a complete list of eligibility criteria please visit the APTLD website at:
This Fellowship is open for Chief Executive Officers or Chief Operational Officers only.
As well, please note that this Fellowship may not be awarded to any recent (since 1 January 2018 onwards) APTLD Fellow.
In return for the acceptance of a Fellowship, APTLD expects the following from its recipient:
● Participation in the Fellowship;
● Post-Fellowship, submission of a video recorded testimonial (up to 5 minutes) including an emphasis on its relevance and major takeaways from it for the Fellow.
● As well, the Fellow will be encouraged to obtain a reference from the host registry’s CEO.
To apply for the Fellowship, please prepare the following documents in an arbitrary form:
● A short bionote (no more than 300 words);
● A recommendation from the employer (in the case of CEO, such a recommendation should be issued either by the Chair of the organization’s Board or by an executive official at the line government agency);
● A rationale for your participation in the program (up to 300 words),including:
– professional achievements and successes;
– expected outcomes and how the Fellowship will help you develop professional skills and promote professional growth.
● A signed obligation to fully refund APTLD’s costs in the event of your failure as the selectee to complete the Fellowship.
NB: as established by the APTLD Fellowship policies, General Manager may at his/her discretion set up a conference call with an applicant to test his/her level of command of the English language. The findings of the interview should be reported to the Board to make an informed decision on the applicant’s eligibility for the Fellowship.
Once completed, please, forward the above documents as a single PDF file to GM at: email@example.com
This Call closes on at 23:59 Moscow time (UTC+3) 15 June 2019.
For the full information of the APTLD Fellowship policy and to familiarize yourself with previous APTLD Fellows’ testimonials, please visit and