Call for ICANN64 Fellowship< back to list
Application Deadline: December 14, 2018
The Asia Pacific Top Level Domain Association (APTLD) is pleased to call for applications for its 1 (one) APTLD Fellowship for ICANN64 (Kobe, Japan 10-14 March 2019).
The Fellowship provides travels and accommodation, and daily subsistence (per diem) support for a successful applicant for the above dates of the Meeting, including the arrival date of 10 March, the departure date of 14 March, the opening day of ICANN64 and two ccNSO Meeting days, and side events on those dates.
Proposals should consider the following:
• How the Fellow can pro-actively contribute to the ICANN meeting by making a presentation on his/her registry’s operational, technical etc. activities and practices at one of the ccNSO Meeting Days;
• What benefits the Fellow expects to take away as major outcomes and lessons learnt at the Meeting and how he/she would foresee their further implementation domestically.
Fellowships are awarded to those candidates whose proposals show the greatest potential and eagerness to network and explore new opportunities for enhancement their personal capacity and that of their registry. Please keep this in mind when preparing your application, and please be specific.
For the complete list of supporting documents for the application please refer to the APTLD Fellowship Policy at:
Typically, APTLD Fellowships are open to both Ordinary and Associate APTLD members, from developing countries and territories, and registries with the number of registrations under 50,000; however, the APTLD Board makes its final decision basing on a broader consideration of some other factors and with account of logistics and financial aspects. For the complete list of eligibility criteria, which is the same as the one for APTLD Fellowship, please visit the APTLD website at: and
In return for the acceptance of a Fellowship, APTLD expects the following from its recipients:
• Participation in the relevant sessions and ccNSO sessions in particular during ICANN64 (details will be made available soon).
• Delivery of a presentation as a part of the ccNSO Meeting agenda.
• Post-meeting, submission of a written testimonial (soft copy), including a special section detailing the relevance of the Meeting and major takeaways from it for the Fellow.
For the full information of the APTLD Fellowship policy and to familiarize yourself with previous APTLD Fellows’ testimonials, please visit and